We are making solid progress! The total estimated cost of the project is AU$650,000. To date, well over AU$420,000 has been raised as a result of fundraising and generous donations. These monies have been used to fund Stage 1 of Project Cornerstone. When completed, Stage 1 includes:-
- The purchase of 2 shipping containers
- The purchase of necessary tools and equipment including tractor, implements, building equipment, machinery, power & hand tools, hospital beds and many other items needed to establish the centre
- Packing and shipping of containers with their contents to Kitgum.
- Payment of import duties and taxes on container contents.
- The construction & outfitting of staff accommodation
- The construction & outfitting of large garage workshop for fabrication / construction and for storage of tractor, implements and equipment
- Drilling of a water bore
- The construction & outfitting of a Multi-Purpose Student Workshop
- The construction & outfitting of a food preparation facility
- The construction & outfitting of a basic medical clinic
Visit the photo gallery to see our progress!